I know that RC4 has had a few issues, particularly with HDMI CEC support and Composite. I pushed an updated GPU blob but that did not resolve the issue as the Raspberry Pi foundation updated it later again that night. I’ve thus taken the opportunity to also update a few other Raspbmc problems. This update fixes the following:
- Scrambled Composite video
- No HDMI audio passthrough with CEC
- Bugs in the Raspbmc Settings plugin
- Fixes to some issues with Remotes
- The timeout for obtaining a DHCP lease has been increased, as some people were unable to get the installer to work.
- When you SSH in, you should be asked to configure your timezones and keyboard layout properly.
This update requires a reinstall, but these fixes are applied automatically to new installs. As a result, I suggest you only reinstall if you are suffering from any issues. You won’t need to redownload the installer unless you had issues getting a DHCP lease in the installer, in which case, please grab the new installer.
I will be taking advantage of this release candidate to test and demonstrate the capabilities of our update system. Thus, you may find on occasional reboots you’ll get a new XBMC build or kernel. There will be announcements of updates on the blog.